Do I need personal travel insurance? 
Yes, we advise you to arrange travel insurance.

Do I need a visa to visit South Africa, and for how long would it be valid?
Check with the South African embassy or High Commission in your home country well in advance. A visa for members of the European Union is usually valid for three months. Visas can be renewed in South Africa (in Port Elizabeth) at extra cost.

How many other people will be on the course?
There may be between three and seventeen people on the course with you. We may have large local school and or student groups and visitors in the other accommodation for short stays.

Do we get weekends off? What do we do for transport?
Weekends are off. Some travel by taxi, bus or plane. Some students share the cost of car hire. You will need extra cash for taxis to and from the site as there is no regular public transport service.

Dr. W.T. Vos
Mobile: +27 (0)84 313 3817  E-mail: info@conservationacademy.co.za